Information for international students
General questions: (applications, admissions, enrolment): International Admission of TU Darmstadt
Departmental questions: “Studienbüro” (Office for Student Affairs) email@example.com-…
- Service and advice for degree-seeking students
- Questions concerning TUCaN
- Registration for thesis
- Doctor‘s notes
- Transcript of Records
General questions (applications process, language requirements, accommodation, student card and public transport, health insurance) please contact the International relations office of TU Darmstadt.
Departmental questions “Studienbüro” (Office for Student Affairs) firstname.lastname@example.org-…
- Service and advice for exchange students
- Study Program
- Learning Agreement and Credit Points
- Transcript of Records
Information for refugees
Zentrale Koordinierungsstelle für Flüchtlingsintegration (Coordinating Center for Refugee Integration)
TUCaN is the central organizing system for courses and examinations at TU Darmstadt. On TUCaN you can find out who will teach the course, what the course is about and where and when the course takes place.
Registration Process via TUCaN
- Register for a module (at the beginning of the semester)
- Register for a course (at the beginning of the semester)
- Register for an exam (special registration period)
Module and Courses
- A module consists of one or more courses
- A course is always part of a module (and can be part of various modules)
- A course for example can be a lecture (“Vorlesung” –vl), a practical course (“Übung” –ue), or a seminar (“Seminar” –se).
Please consider that the language of instruction at the department is usually German. There are just a few courses taught in English.
Students only get a grade when they finish the whole module. A module consists of one or more courses as well as examinations. So please register for every module, every course of the module, and the examinations on TUCaN. If you register for a module you are not automatically registered for the associated examination. A course for example can be a lecture (“Vorlesung” –vl), a practical course (“Übung” –ue), or a seminar (“Seminar” –se).
Module descriptions can be found here:
- Module manual (B.Sc. + M.Sc.)(in German+English – 2017)
- Module manual (B.Sc. + M.Sc.) (in German – 2020)
- Module 13-C0-M025
- Module 13-M4-M003 + 13-M0-M001
- Module SUD-TU Da
New Master module „International Research Project“: 12 CP (in English!) (Module number 13-01-M007)The student works quite independently on a given topic. The student should show that he/ she can independently edit and present this topic according to scientific methods. The results will be presented in written and oral form. Recommended prerequisites are knowledge of the subject area in which the project work is chosen.